iPad can store data in cloud?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cheeryble, Dec 8, 2010.

1. cheeryble macrumors regular

Hi there
    I'm about to get an iPad which just came out here in Thailand.
    I told a friend who's had one a while that I would go for the largest drive, 64gb.
    He said he only uses about 8gb of his 32gb because he constantly uploads to a cloud for online storage.

I've done a quick search without success.
    How does this work?
    Can it be free?

Is it true I can't send data back and forth with bluetooth? Can I send and receive data to my Macbook or do backups to an external HD with the USB cable?

cheers John

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes, you can store data in places like DropBox and its free

3. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

You can send data back and forth between a computer by using goodreader or airshare. It is pretty easy.

4. Simonkey75 macrumors newbie

Simonkey75

Goodreader for iPad is like the swiss army knife of apps - great for documents and media files and you can upload and download between various accounts and storage services. Can't recommend it enough.

DropBox is a great service as well.

Personally I get by fine with the 16GB, but if you watch a lot of video or you're on the road, the higher capacities might be handy.

5. cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

Thankyou all for your help(s)

Cheeryble :)

Oh!!
    How long will the battery last I'm told you have to pay $99 for a change yet the battery itself only costs $17.50

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Dont worry about the battery, the battery will last years until your get a new iPad, worrying about batteries is dumb, just use the darn thing!:D