iPad can't sync - not enough space

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by babylonlarry, Mar 27, 2016.

1. babylonlarry macrumors newbie

babylonlarry

I have an iPad mini ME280LL/A 32GB. When I try to add media syncing from iTunes via USB I get the following:

[​IMG]

There should be more than enough space I think.

Mac w 10.9.5 running iTunes 12.3.3.17 to iPad running 9.2.1

what am I missing? TIA, Larry

[​IMG]

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

First thing to try if you haven't already is rebooting your iPad.

Something else to try, because sometimes iPads like the rest of us get confused, is to sync just a single song to the iPad. Assuming this works and it should, it'll remove everything that shouldn't be there, sort out it's database and allow you to sync everything else.

Oh, and make sure on the Summary Tab in iTunes, you've selected "Sync only checked songs and videos" and "Manually manage videos" if you haven't already.

3. babylonlarry thread starter macrumors newbie

babylonlarry

TrueBlou, thanks for the ideas, I have rebooted. By removing a couple of items selected for sync transfer, I, then can sync. I don't understand why I can't transfer items to the pad when there is lots of room available.

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

After you got some things synced across, was the iPad still reporting lots of free space? Use, Settings -> General -> About on the iPad itself just to confirm what iTunes is reporting. For example, mine (in iTunes) reports that I have 13.61GB of free space left. But when checking in the device settings, there's actually only 10.7GB of free space, so don't always trust iTunes implicitly.

If there is still lots of free space, try adding the things you removed from your sync a little at a time, it could still be that there's some confusion in the file system reporting. Normally this does sort itself out after a sync or two.

5. babylonlarry thread starter macrumors newbie

babylonlarry

The iPad reports 3.2 GB available while the bar on the bottom of the iTunes summary window shows 4.07. Uploaded some music without a problem and now iPad is 2.7GB, iTunes 3.59.