iPad Car Mount (Non Ghetto Looking!)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by skittles90623, Aug 8, 2011.

1. skittles90623 macrumors regular

I'm looking for an iPad 2 Car Mount for my Black Accord. I would like one with those goose necks I could have that would 90 degrees from my radio/cd player /ac, etc (sorta like the way some police officers used to carry their laptops with the back facing away from the passenger door ).. It has to be somewhat affordable too.

There were some DIY pictures on a thread, but I want it to look good.

Pictures and Links would be much appreciated!:)

2. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

This isn't for the front seat but is a headrest mounted system for the backseat, maybe you could contact the company to see if they have a front seat mounting solution. I bought a CoolVue, it's expensive but very solid, extends to a lot of angles and the iPad can rotate on the chassis. It doesn't swing around at all once you get it into the position you want, very tight. It's been a lifesaver on long road trips with our 3 year old.

Toucoul CoolVue

3. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

ahh, i would have no use for that.. i want to use the iPad myself in the front seat :)

4. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

Ram Mount all the way, then.

Here is mine in my previous car (1999 Honda Accord). I have since migrated to a 2011 Honda Pilot, but have no pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. The Norman macrumors member

This is why Apple needs to make a car deck. I admire the ridiculous amount of creativity everyone is using, but come on - an Apple deck would sell like hotcakes

6. ZGXtreme, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

ZGXtreme macrumors regular

ZGXtreme

If they partnered with a US manufacturer for a double DIN touchscreen running a modified iOS it would be sweet! Apps for both entertainment (movies on headrest screens, etc.) and utility (such as Navigation, Vehicle Diagnostics, Fuel Mileage, etc.) would be money. Could AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad just the same as with the ATV2.

With the introduction of WiFi Sync, could sync and update the system when you park at home.

7. realbrandon macrumors member

I am looking for a good one myself. The suggestions in this thread so far are still ghetto-like. Sorry guys

8. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

the ram really isn't all that bad. it certainly doesn't scream luxury or anything like that, but i might look into it if there's no other option. it would match with my black dash.

9. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

I've used the ram mounts for my iPhone since they first released one.

I've had a suction cup based mount fixed to the glass of my 2008 Civic for 3 years without it ever coming off.

quality is high, though it is purely black abs plastic.

10. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

Im surprised my self that there isn't much out there! I think there is large market for them, we all want to watch something on the road and something kids can schare between 2 front seats...
    still looking:apple:

11. realbrandon macrumors member

12. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

What would be non-ghetto or considered luxurious?

I think an iDevice to begin with is not over luxurious looking. Just my opinion in what I think is luxurious.

13. skittles90623 thread starter macrumors regular

Something like the JoyFactory was exactly what I was looking for, but in thtat video, the iPad did look a little wobbly when he was using it.

----------

but you know, that might be as good as it gets. i guess its eithe rthe ram or joyfactory