iPad Case and JB 4.2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by urfankhaliq, Dec 4, 2010.

1. urfankhaliq, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

urfankhaliq macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I just bought myself a 16 Gb wifi-3G (yay!) and loving it so far but had a couple of questions...first of all can some on recommend a good case? I am after a book style case which can provide good protection, look great and also work as a stand for watching movies on the iPad whiles resting on a table or my lap...

Secondly it came with 3.2.2 oob and i wanted to know if there is an untethered JB available for the new 4.2 software on the ipad (I have my iphone 4 JB on 4.1 software)....

Any advise guys?

Thanks in advance

Urfan

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

How about the Apple case? It scuffs quickly but cleans easily.

No, no untethered jailbreak yet.

3. mprofit macrumors regular

mprofit

Congrats on the purchase! It took me a while, but I finally found a case for my iPad that I love. Initially I wanted the Apple case, but at the time I bought my iPad they were harder to come by than the actual iPad, so I looked elsewhere.

Found and bought this case on Amazon -

http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Can...OCF8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1291523897&sr=8-6

This sounds like what you're looking for. It provides great protection and functions exactly like the Apple case, but is half the cost. You can get it in black, white or purple from their website if you're interested.

Good luck!

4. DigitalRanger macrumors newbie

I think the type of case you buy largely depends on your surroundings (ie. Children at the house) and if you take it with you on the road whether or not you're afraid of bumps or perhaps even dropping it...

I bought the Otterbox defender for mine and am quite pleased with it's ruggedness - yes, it did add a little bit of weight, however, the security this case provides should it get dropped is worth the little bit of extra weight.

5. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I have the Fossil case. I use my iPad naked. But I am seriously considering one of the cases with the built in keyboard.

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

Im partial to the apple case. it's thin, it's functional and it's surpassingly durable.

7. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

+1

8. cecoleman macrumors regular

9. ScaryMerry macrumors member

ScaryMerry

Portenzo cases, FTW. They are the BEST. Seriously, check the reviews in the iPad Accessories forum.

http://shop.portenzo.com

10. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Incase!

Had the apple case for a few weeks. Nothing wrong with it other than that it gets dirty easily. My new new case is the Incase Covertable Magazine Jacket. It's hard to get/find but damn is it thin and sexy. Does a good job protecting and adding functionality. Allows the real beauty of the iPad stand out.

11. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Macally Bookstand, because it leaves the whole front face unobstructed, and it's easy to pop the iPad in and out of.