Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firteen888

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Thanks for the link!

it's nice to see all the cases next to eachother to compare. I dunno, I think I just need to wait and use the ipad for a little while so I can figure out what kind of case would be most practical for my use. I don't know if I want to keep it in a case at all times, or if i want a case just for travel.

I still think I like the Apple case best right now. Seems like it would protect the ipad well enough while still being relatively unobtrusive.

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
some of those are pretty tight, I'm personally interested in an Incase neoprene sleeve, and possibly some type of protection for the back, for when its placed on a table

touchmonkey

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
believe it or not i'm gonna use a letter sized leather legal pad folio putting velcro in the right spots for now
the thing is just smaller than letter sized, no?
but i'm sure i will find the case that works for me, soon, eventually
thanks for the link

bradg33

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2010
I'm waiting for some of the other Vaja cases to come out. I'm more interested in a Folio-like case than a sleeve, and it looks like Vaja has some coming.

GadgetX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
You're very welcome to everyone who said thanks!

I still haven't decided on a case, I bought a cheap sleeve off ebay to hold me over until some real reviews come in for different cases.

foxnews1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
That link misses my favorite and the one I will get. It has the functionality of the iPad Case + a hand strap when it's opened and it's in eco-leather.

http://www.marware.com/products/iPa...9966ed8b9605954c.e3eSc34RbhyRe34Pa38Ta3aMbN10

your case looks nice but it misses two things that apple case has:
1) bottom edge is naked. if you drop on concret, the case won't protect the edge.

2) No angle position for typing.

I looked at all of these cases, and I don't see any that are better than apple case in term of features and style.

GadgetX

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
1) bottom edge is naked. if you drop on concret, the case won't protect the edge.

Did that really require 3 different posts?

But anyways I believe the marware case does off the same angle for typing that the Apple case does, the image is just down on the site.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010

I looked at all of these cases, and I don't see any that are better than apple case in term of features and style.

1) Not sure about the naked edge, or if there is some overlap. It is a good observation.

2) There is a fold down stand in the inside cover, so when it is folded back and the stand is put down, it can indeed be used as a typing stand. This was one of my major requirements.

3) I also pre-ordered an iPad. It looks great, but there were some comments from after the keynote about the quality only seeming mediocre. I figure I will get both and return the one I like least. I would prefer leather.

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
I'm waiting for some of the other Vaja cases to come out. I'm more interested in a Folio-like case than a sleeve, and it looks like Vaja has some coming.

Their folio case seems nice but the edges seem very exposed :eek: . I really like their sleeve but I can't convince my self that I need a sleeve instead of a folio..

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009

This case basically is copying apples idea, i'm not sure which one i like better, but apples will probably be perfect since they actually have the Ipad to fit it and such.

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=320

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.