Ipad case or cover

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tech198, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Has anyone noticed this recently from Apple?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD454LL/A

The only difference between this and the iPad Cover, is this one protects BOTH front & back ....

Thinking of getting one...... What are our recommendations? Has anyone used these cases?

2. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I have both a smart cover and smart case.

Love the smart cover's easy ability to snap onto either my iPad 2 or 3. Just my iPad 2 into a smart case though and moved my smart cover to my iPad 3.

I like the protection on the back but I like the easier removability of a smart cover plus Belkin back cover (what I use on my iPad 3).

3. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using a dark grey smart case. In landscape mode while using the cover part of it, it is a bit sensitive to movement. The smart covers, I've heard are much better in the landscape mode with the cover folded. I use the keyboard stand quite a lot, find it nice and sturdy, again the landscape mode feels a bit weak, it can fall down easily..

The case and light and very thin unlike most cases it preserves the thinness of the ipad.

4. sjwk macrumors member

Yes, and I wish I'd gone for the case rather than the cover...
    I had my week-old iPad3 under my jacket as it was raining and it turned out I was only actually gripping the cover with my arm, not the iPad and it just dropped away from the magnet and went bouncing across the road. Fortunately landed screen-up so no damage at all other than a couple of small scuffs on the back but rather annoyed with myself!

Went and bought a rear-case off eBay the next day which both covers up the scuffs as well as protects it, but several times since had the magnetic cover come off while using it. I'm clearly holding it wrong ;)

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

praise allah.

I havent dropped mine yet, *knock on wood
    now my iphone is dropped twice a week.

6. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I've got both the Smart Cover and the Smart Case.

I really like the case better. Its thin, light, and the cover never detaches. I'm using it with the iPad2.