iPad Case or no Case

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RachelSM, Jun 17, 2012.

1. RachelSM, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012

RachelSM macrumors newbie

A buddy from work told me that you HAVE to have a case on an iPad. Is this true. My iphone has taken a tumble a time or two and has never spider webbed. Is the iPad really that fragile? I just hate to loose the sexy naked feel it has without the case!

My buddy says the two best options are these:

Bear Motion 100% Genuine Leather Case and

CaseCrown Bold Standby Case

Thoughts?

2. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Simple.

Ask yourself would you feel upset if your iPad has cope up some cosmetic damage?

if so get a case.

Seriously

I myself use no case but i baby my iPad.

3. Kate. macrumors regular

No, you don't have to have a case. I find the iPad infinitely more usable in a case but I do a lot of typing on it. Cases that have the multiple viewing angles make it so much easier to read, type, or prop up on a desk to display information. If you don't need that and can take care of it properly, skip the case.

There are nicer looking cases out there though. Apple's Smart Cover and the new Smart Case. Devicewear makes some great ones (I use the Bridgeway). Check out the iPad Accessories forum to see all the options available. I prefer a thin Smart Case style case that leaves the bezel uncovered so it still looks and feels like an iPad.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

My iPad has been in and out of cases its entire life. Sometimes it is in a nice folio type case, then other times it is in an Otterbox and every once in a while it runs naked.

The folio is great when I'm at work, the Otterbox is great when I let a three-year-old use it and naked? Well, that's just my preference.

5. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

iPads aren't cheap, and it's better to have peace of mind knowing that it's secure in a case than taking a chance with it otherwise. Your call though.

6. scottw324 macrumors 6502

I put mine in a cheap clear rear shell. That and a smart cover. That is about it. It helps with grip without adding a significant amount of extra thickness to the iPad.

Clear iPad Rear Shell

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

Both my iPad's are in a case. My iPad 2 is in a smart case (generic) and my iPad 3 is in a leather folio case.

8. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Cushioned sling bag for transport. Otherwise just a SmartCover and a clear protection for the back.

9. yang88she macrumors regular

Smart cover plus slim back & incase sleeve when I take it out doors :D

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

OP, ask yourself….do you want your human baby get hurt by dropping?

or do you always drop your human baby few times?

Dressed up your iPad with case.

11. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

12. RobesNo1 macrumors regular

No you don't need a case. I personally see 99% of cases AS cosmetic damage to an iPad.

Have it as Apple intended it; with a smart cover. If you intend on putting it in a large bag with other things then I'd suggest a sleeve of some sort for transportation.

I'd avoid the smart case though having just seen one in person I have to say it's both functionally and cosmetically bad - but that's just my opinion of course.