iPad case with zipper AND stand functionality?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Taustin Powers, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

(I apologize if this has been answered before - I tried the search and didn't find anything!)

I am looking for a case for my iPad 2. I would like for it to have a zipper, so it is actually protected from dust/sand/lint/etc. when I throw it in my backpack or suitcase. BUT, I would also like to use it as a stand.

As it is, I can only find zipped bags with the stand functionality. It's always either the smartcover-like folding mechanism without a zipper, or a simple zippered sleeve that can't be used as a stand.

Is there something out there that offers both?

2. ledgiftsworld macrumors newbie

hi mate,

do you have any picture of it?

Regards,
    Frank

3. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

If your looking only for one that has a zipper encloser i personally would take a look at the BookBook my Twelve South. Its been out since the first iPad and will last a long time if you choose to pick that up and will definetly keep your iPad safe from the elements.

4. oneapplegeek macrumors regular

oneapplegeek

+1 for bookbook. this might be the one you are looking for :) except for the design. :p

5. -TYLER macrumors regular

6. maniacphoner macrumors regular

I've seen this case at Starbucks the other day. The owner of the case seemed to be using it to the max for the functionality it offered. One thing I like about Starbucks is that you get to observe the people there and the things they have or do with it.:p

7. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Well, functionality-wise the BookBook is pretty much what I am looking for...

I could do without the "looking ridiculous" feature though! :D

8. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular