iPad iPad cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by kiwinator, Oct 29, 2013.

1. kiwinator macrumors newbie

Hello
    I am a high school student who wants to take my iPad 4 to school, mainly for productivity during class. I need a case that is quite strong but looks good as well, I have been looking at the Portenzo bookcase and the Pad & Quill author series. I like these cases because they look nice but they also disguise your iPad as a journal which makes me feel better about leaving it in a car. If anyone can recommend another case to me or provide information on the ones mentioned above I would greatly appreciate it. I‘m not too worried about how much it costs but if its expensive I want to get good quality for my money.
    Cheers

2. leenak macrumors 68020

You could also look at some of the keyboard cases if you expect to type. The logitech ones may be a good option especially if you go with a neutralist color. There is the FabricSkin and the UltraThin Folio.

For non-keyboard ones, Speck has a good case coming out as well as Logitech.

After having my first iPad wood case break (wood split) within a few months, I've been wary of them plus they tend to be a little heavier.

3. The.Dude macrumors regular

The.Dude

I had the Dolce on my iPad 3 along with a leather smart cover and loved it. Didn't add any bulk or anything.

Dolce - http://amzn.to/1cgUAtf

edit- the Zum SC Ultimate is nice as well, but I don't think they sell them anymore - http://amzn.to/16uoKqm

4. kiwinator thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I will be more likely to be taking notes by hand than typing but maybe typing would be better but I guess I will have to find out what works for me. I like the look of speck cases. Are they sturdy and solid or cheap and break easy? I like the book look-a-like cases but if they aren't very strong and are mostly made for looks I think I might pass, I was hoping they were strong so then I could have an excuse to buy one as I don't have one on my iPad now:eek: . The dolce looks like an Apple smart case, the only thing I don't like about those sorts of cases is the viewing angles its never quite right. Can anyone say anyhing good about the Moshi versa cover/case I like the cover on the screen.