Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cuddykid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Hi All,
I'm typing this on my new iPad, absolutely loving it!! But, I'm desperately in need of a case! Not because I need to urgently protect the screen but because I find it quite awkward to type especially when lying on the sofa or on a table (I don't have the dock).
Now, i know apple do a case for it but i've heard mixed reviews and it doesn't look the sturdiest (most durable) of cases! However, what i like about the apple case is the fact that you can make it into a stand in different positions, very neat!! I would preferably like a leather case but whatever case I choose would have to have stand like capabilities that the official apple one does.
Does anyone know of any cases other than the official apple one??
Thanks,
Adam :)

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Allow me to kindly answer your question...

I have the Apple case and can tell you that it absolutely RULES!

I have seen and/or tried them all, and if comfortable typing and holding in various positions is your thing, this is by far the best one to get. It's much better than the Incase 3 position leather job-- that thing makes your sleek new iPad into some overblown monstrosity, and what's the point of that?

There's a reason the Apple case is sold out everywhere, it's because it's the best all around choice in my opinion, and adds very little bulk to your new iPad while keeping it safe and comfortable to work on... I'm typing on mine right now, and it's just about perfect.

Remember, Apple does NOT make any cases for any of their products these days, it's all 3rd party stuff for the phones and portables. They totally got it right with this one, and that Apple logo on the front when you close it up into a tight little package is the coup-de-gracé!

Get it.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Belkin clear grip vue for me, and a incase netbook sleeve when its in my purse! :D

mcfadyen

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
I ordered a Dodo case, which looks great. However, they take a while to make and ship.

Good luck! And let us know what you decide.
A.

cuddykid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Sorry guys!! Completely didn't see the accessories sub forum.
Anyway, thanks for the informative replies!
Will probably settle for the apple case.

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
I have a Grip Vue and an Apple case. I prefer the Apple case. The Grip Vue is a very nice case but it comes down to personal preference, I just prefer a folio style case when it comes to the iPad, so I am no longer using the Grip Vue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.