iPad charged only 97% when I got home, weird?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teege, Apr 7, 2010.

1. teege macrumors member

And there is a (small but noticeable) scratch on the aluminum.

Should this concern me? It was sealed in the box, so what gives?

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

mine was @ 100%
    If your not happy Switch it out
    Mine was also scratch free

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

You shouldn't worry about the charge, everyone's is different. I know this isn't an iPhone, but some iPhones come with NO charge at all or half.

You're probably gonna be looking at the glass on the iPad a lot more than the aluminum, so i say just deal with it or try to get it swapped.

4. teege thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, scratch didn't bother me a whole lot. But I was pretty sure everyone had 100% to start. Seems like a bad way to start off this iPad...

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

They probably came out of production with 100% charge.. there will be some loss during the packaging, transporting, shipping, etc. and time spent in the stores before they went on sale.

You can't expect a rechargeable lipo to hold a 100% charge during that time. Only losing 3% after all that time is actually exceptional.

My ipad also came with 97% charged.

6. mrfriggz macrumors member

My post is not to bash at all...

But you are seriously worried about 3%? Your iPad might have been one of the first ones to be boxed up. I would be more concerned about the scratch, IMO. I would suggest swapping it ASAP if it bothers you. Otherwise, just slap a case on it, and charge her up to 100% and have fun!

7. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Batteries don't hold a charge forever, so this is nothing to be concerned about. Charge it and see if it reaches 100%.

The scratch however, that may be something to discuss with Apple.

8. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

9. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Mine only had a 90% charge when I first fired it up, but so far has always charged to 100%.. Some times my MBP only indicates 97% when I know it's had more than enough time to reach full charge..

10. francisq macrumors member

11. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

12. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

I fully recharged it from 0% to full and the plug icon stating the device is full says 97%.

Maybe this is a fluke

Edit: Wait.....iPad saw me type this and changed it to 100% if I complain about multi task, can you fix that too? Benny the iPad ..... Oh Benny!!!!!!

13. WilliamG macrumors 604

Seriously, complaining that it's not at 100% out of the box? Really? Mine was at 92% when I turned it on the first time. Jeez, people...

14. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Mine was lower than everyone like around half or more when first getting. Charges to 100% every time

15. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

get it replaced right away.
    if you wait they will think you scratched it. Actually if you had it shipped call them and tell them, they should know this happened at the factory. Its a quality control issue!