iPad charging 'problem'/weird

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShrubbySoup, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ShrubbySoup macrumors regular

ShrubbySoup

Hey guys, when I charge my iPad and put it on a non conductive surface such as the sofa also not touching it, when I stroke the back of the iPad or touch the metal surface, it sends a vibrating feeling through my arm, kinda like electricity is escaping or something, also it gets hot very fast. Is my iPad broke? Does this happen to you?

(iPad 2)

2. JasonHB macrumors regular

I have noticed the same as well. I thought it was me at first, but not definitely does is.

Jason

3. mmf01 macrumors member

I've noticed the same with a light tingle/buzz as you touch/move across the aluminum while charging. I've noticed this with all my prior iPads, 1,2 and now 3. My guess is it has something to do with grounding. Never had any issues in the past as a result of this. I don't think it's a problem, but seems odd regardless.

4. Elzander macrumors newbie

I get this too and have it on my 2nd gen ipod nano, I don't think it's anything to worry about - I hold my ipad while it's charging and I'm fine! :eek:
    According to apple forums: the vibrating is because the iPad isn't properly earthed which is why when you place your hand on it the vibration stops as you are earthing it...