[iPad] Chicago AT&T LTE slow?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by supernet33, Mar 30, 2012.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

I can never get full signal with my AT&T iPad 3 LTE.
    When I do a speed test I get around 6mb download /4mb upload.

Anyone else in Chicago land have this issue?

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

What part of the city are you from? I know when I had AT&T getting reception anywhere near downtown, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, or those areas around there was very difficult. It is part of the reason I am a Verizon customer now.

3. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

It likely does not apply to you, but out south in Frankfort, I use AT&T for my iPhone and have always usually gotten 3 bars or under signal strength; on my new iPad, I decided to give Verizon a shot from things I've heard. 5 bars at most times with the iPad. Glad my instincts were right. Good luck in Chicago to you...

4. StrikeIII macrumors newbie

The funny thing is that I've tested both the Galaxy Skyrocket and Tab on AT&T LTE and consistantly get over 11Mbps but my iPad only around 5Mbps. I wonder if AT&T is throttling down iPad users since they know it will sell a lot of units. If so, then they are making a big mistake and forcing people to go Verizon. I'm going to exchange our 3 test units from my work over to Verizon. AT&T needs to get their ***** straight.

5. wmrdunn macrumors newbie

Slow LTE

I'm having the same problem as SUPERNET in Naperville, but I haven't seen an area in Chicago where I'm clipping at true LTE speeds. In contrast, I saw an iPad on Verizon in Springfield hit 48 megabytes per second this week.

6. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

7. KPOM macrumors G5

I've heard that LTE is slower in Chicago than most of AT&T's other LTE-enabled cities because they have only half the available spectrum as they do elsewhere. That means that they can't handle as many users before it starts slowing down.