iPad Christmas Decision

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CalvColl, Sep 27, 2010.

1. CalvColl macrumors newbie

I want to get an iPad roughly around Christmas (then or slightly after), shall I get this iPad as is now (if they haven't released a new one for holiday sales) or shall I risk getting a smaller screen :( but with a camera :D (rumored of course)? :confused:

2. pintsizemacman macrumors regular

pintsizemacman

if u want it go for it or if ur just chillen hold out for a bit its ur chose mate a hard one by the way:eek:

3. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

well wasn't the original iPad released in February? If thats the case expect iPad 2.0 to be announced or at least a refresh around then, so its not really that far off if they don't decide to drop a 7" before christmas

I'd personally wait if I were you, if you're waiting till at least December might as well wait a few more months to get the latest and greatest @ what i'm sure will be similar prices, or even buy the iPad 1 at a discount when the new ones drop lol

good luck with your decision as I know waiting for new tech is a hard thing to do

4. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

April, and 4 months is a long time! I say: go for it, and well when iPad 2.0 is released you can decide of it's worth the upgrade (and thus selling your old iPad with maybe $50 or $100 loss) or just keep it. FaceTime is a hype (I've got an iPhone 4 and it's nice to use once, but after that it's just a gimmick (for most people)). ;)

5. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

This.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I would wait it out for the new model. There are all those Q1 rumors flying around....

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

8. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

At this point I would wait, especially if you don't plan on getting it until December. The iPad is great, but in your post it sounds like you're interested in a camera. If that's important to you, you should definitely wait. It's only four months, and it is highly likely the next iPad will have at least some kind of camera. If it does, you'll wish you had waited. Regardless, it always feels crummy when the new version comes out so soon after you just bought the old model.

9. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

I reckon most of the sales during december and January are the ones who have no idea when a new one will come out, only to be slightly dissapointed the next week. Or the impatient ones.