iPad cleaning cloth...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CKohkah, May 16, 2010.

1. CKohkah macrumors 6502

Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm looking for a nice cloth, something like they used to give in the iPhone box.

It doesn't have to be online, if you found something good at Walmart or Target, let us know!

2. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

3. touchmonkey macrumors 6502

Walmart has large microfiber lens cleaning cloths for under $3. And small bottles of lens cleaning fluid, with free refills (!!!) for under $2.
    Spray on the cloth, not the device.
    Superior.

4. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

Radtech cloths are the best.. worth every penny.

5. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

You will get many different answers here because everyone has their own preferences and likes/dislikes, but i'll weigh in with my answer...

..I agree with others that a microfibre cloth is the way to go -as long as you keep it dust-free (shake it out before and after each use and store it somewhere 'safe'), it makes a great way to clean MacBooks/iPhones/iPads without the need to spray a liquid or chemical everywhere. If you have a stubborn stain or mark though, I have also heard that iKlear is pretty good but I personally use a Philips-branded LCD screen cleaner ;)

Hope this helps.

6. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

You cannot fail with either of these. I have the iKlear kit.

7. zen macrumors 68000

zen

So the iPad doesn't come with a cloth? I have two iMacs and an iPod touch, and have three black microfibre cloths that came with those. So they'll do me!

Bit off if Apple have stopped supplying cloths, especially considering the iPad is so much glass!

8. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

That's right - no cloths come with the iPad. As far as I know, Apple stopped supplying cloths after the first iPhone(or was it the 3G?).
    The 3GS definitely didn't come with one.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

IT was the 3G I believe as I think I got one. The way I see it is that I have more than enough clothes and earphones for that matter. I was ok with there not being either. The wall charger IMHO was key.

10. OpenThirdeye macrumors member

11. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

+1.

I'd bet half the iPad owners have Gen 1 iPod Touch's and don't realize that they came with a cleaning cloth that's just perfect for the iPad. Just sitting in the box in the closet for the past few years.

BJ

12. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I bought my second gen iPod touch in September last year, just before they were updated. A cleaning cloth came with that! Not to mention, as I said, my two iMacs.

13. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

I haven't tried the one that came with my iPhone or iPhone 3G (The original iPhone cloth wasn't as....smooth? Textured more than the 3G cloth)...I did try the one that came with my Macbook Pro and that worked OK, but didn't leave the screen finger print free.....seemed to just move the smudges around..

The small blue cloth that came in the iKlear kit, that has the material in loops on it, I find works best.