Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I don't have an iPad yet (a combination of the NYC area shortage and using the money on actually doing things with my fiancée instead) so I don't know what books are in iBooks yet, but are there any coffee table style books for the iPad yet?

There was a book with less common photos from the Apollo missions which I think would look great on an iPad.

MrCrispy

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
I don't have an iPad yet (a combination of the NYC area shortage and using the money on actually doing things with my fiancée instead) so I don't know what books are in iBooks yet, but are there any coffee table style books for the iPad yet?

There was a book with less common photos from the Apollo missions which I think would look great on an iPad.

I've been blown away with The Elements. It's an amazing reference app and one of the first ones I pull up to show off the iPad.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Sadly, you aren't likely to find them in iBooks, but as apps.

ePub is too limited at this point. Hell, they can't even handle text-based books properly - meaningless page numbers with no way to correlate with printed editions, no notes, no highlighting...

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
I believe a little while ago I saw someone on Regis & Kelly that is coming out with an iPad Coffee Table Book about Coffee Tables. And in case you don't have a coffee table, when you buy the app, they mail you a pair of wooden legs that turn your iPad into a coffee table.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
I believe a little while ago I saw someone on Regis & Kelly that is coming out with an iPad Coffee Table Book about Coffee Tables. And in case you don't have a coffee table, when you buy the app, they mail you a pair of wooden legs that turn your iPad into a coffee table.

Cosmo Kramer, is that you? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.