Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H. Flower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I don't get why this should appeal to adults and/or professionals, who would seemingly opt for a macbook.

Or is it supposed to? Are consumption-proned teens the primary demographic?

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
I don't get why this should appeal to adults and/or professionals, who would seemingly opt for a macbook.

Or is it supposed to? Are consumption-proned teens the primary demographic?

Maybe if you asked some adults and/or professionals, you'd understand why.

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
I guess I made that statement because I’m a little bias to the product (in a good way). I want to see more.

The point of the ad is to get you to go to a store and try one out (or at least look up more information.)

You only have 30 seconds. The more seconds you spend on additional issues the less time you have to spend on the primary message trying to get across. Here the message is that it is "pad" not a "pod" and that there is a wider set of things can do with it. You can clearly tell can see much more without zooming. Do they need to exhautively need to enumerate all of them. No. It is visually obvious that it is not a classic laptop. There is not much they need to "say" there.

Trying to settle why it is a good fit for the middle is a doomed task for a 30 second commercial. To compare across 3 items you'd almost need to intro all 3 ( leaving even less time) . It isn't a clear winner for everyone. The subset of population for which it is a candidate will seek it out. Starting those people on the path is the point.

If you are already hooked on rumors info... the commercial isn't going to settle the issue. Besides you folks are already "hooked".

if the commercial imparts a notion of finding more about the product, then it has done its job.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
beatingadeadhorsenh7.gif

Ah yes. Any thread with any mention of the word "iPad" or "iPhone" legally requires someone to bitch about Flash. I believe it's the 404th Amendment.

That looks more like an oversized rodent or a kangaroo at least :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.