ipad connection

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rmadd, Dec 24, 2010.

1. rmadd macrumors newbie

my wifi connection on my ipad is shown as connected but when i go to safari, above the window shows 3 bars, and the activity bar is working, but the page itself will not load, and after about 90 seconds the activity quits and the message comes up "cannot load page because server shut-down". I have tried all I know, I believe that it is in the isp, dns, router address, but I don't know for sure. My router is a d-link, dir-615, have tried airport, Ethernet and PPPoE, all with the same results. Hope someone has the answer. very disturbing, at the present time this is a $600.00 paper weight. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

You're holding it wrong. :D

Have you tried unplugging your router for 30 seconds? Or if you're using airport, different frequencies?

3. rmadd, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010

rmadd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for answering, yes I have shutdown the router, restarted it, reprogrammed it w/g.b & n modes, and also mixed, have changed DNS from .1 to .0, have tried different frequencies in airport nothing has worked. I am using DHCP on the pad, I have renewed Lease, set on Auto, what goes into the URL space?

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Do other devices work with the Dlink? I have the same router and it works fine even though it's sitting behind a Cisco ASA 5505. If other devices work with the Dlink and are successfully surfing the Internet, then the ipad is likely the problem. Can it see or connect to other access points in your building/neighborhood? If not have you tried a full hard reset of the ipad or a complete restore of the iOS on the iPad?

Merry Christmas to you too.

Cheers,

5. rmadd thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no other wireless devices on this router, I have done complete restore
    on the ipad, The pad see's the connection and has 3 bars, it also see's a couple of other connections in houses close to me. I have had the pad only a couple of days and has not yet been connected to the internet. What settings are you using on your router?