iPad coverage

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cobra611, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

Hi,

Not certain which area to post my question. so I apologize if I'm not in the right area.

My question concerns my iPad Air and AppleCare coverage which I purchased alongside of it. About 2 weeks ago, my iPad wouldn't reboot and I was left with a blank screen. Tried multiple times to get it going, but to no avail. Brought it in to the local Apple Store and was told there was good news and bad news. Good news, I was covered (I knew that), bad news was they had no others in stock and I would need to wait a few days.

Yes, I am one of those who does not read the fine print and legal stuff, completely. The day I brought the iPad in was exactly 30 days from the date of purchase. So, I was surprised (and disappointed) that I wasn't given a brand new iPad, but given a refurbished one. Without yelling at me for not reading my purchase agreement (I did read, but still unclear), is it common to have your brand new device replaced with a refurbished unit, such a short time after purchase? I would have expected that (perhaps as little as 6 months) had it not been 30 days since I purchased it.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully answer me!

Merry Christmas!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yes, it's perfectly normal.