iPad Crash?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kbuck1984, Apr 4, 2010.

1. kbuck1984 macrumors member

I plugged it in to sync some movies and a screen popped up asking me to send info to Apple. I clicked on the details and it talks about low memory and iPad crashing. It never crashed while I was using it, and I never felt any lag from memory. What gives?

Attached Files:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

.crash is probably just a general extension for "diagnostic information." Crashes can also take many forms.

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

This message appears for all iPods and iPhones as well.

4. Nash Bridges macrumors regular

Nash Bridges

5. cgguy macrumors newbie

You might not have noticed it

My ipad has been crashing often, but for me it's transitioning between apps so you might not notice it. The first day I bought it it crashed two times going from safari to the app store. In both cases the app store briefly appeared and then it went back to the home screen. Another time the abc player just quit, but picked back up where it had been playing before. So far it seems pretty buggy. But cool.

6. kultschar macrumors 6502a

wonder whats causing that?? Never seen that error ever

7. bbtrinet macrumors member

When an app quits unexpectedly, it's called a 'crash' with a .crash file extension. The information about what the app was doing right before the crash is sent to the developer to investigate the cause of this crash so they can update their app. It works the same way for the iPhone.

(When an app crashes, the iPad just quits the app and takes you to the home screen. It's not like you see a blue screen or anything)

It looks like the USA today app crashed unexpectedly. No developer can make 100% perfect code. Apps crash all the time. The iPad just makes the experience more pleasant.

8. DaneGuy macrumors 6502

Several of my apps are crashing with no error message. Is there a way to troubleshoot and figure out what is causing them?