iPad crashes considerably more with iOS 4.2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iSingandiDance, Nov 25, 2010.

1. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

This happens especially when leaving the safari browser for some time and going back to it/switching windows. I've also find the app store crashes more than before.

I'm not particularly surprised since so many things are running at once, but it's quite annoying. Would be cool if we could buy more ram without buying another device.

2. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

Hum.. I haven't had this happen once. Maybe restore your iPad.

3. SpudGT macrumors member

Same problem here. When I switch back to Safari I will often see a partial page (the rest is all white) ... then crash.

4. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Well I'd imagine that happens when you put a load on the 256MB of memory it has.

Kinda like the older iPhone and loading a full web page.

5. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

That's not normal. I've yet to see either Safari or the App Store crash. In fact, I can't recall seeing any app crash on my iPad since I've had it. Maybe you've got some bad RAM.

If you can replicate the problem easily, you should book an appointment and take it to the Apple store.

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

AppStore crashed for me once only. I did notice some apps crashing; this may be due to the lack or poor implementation of support for iOS 4.2.

I'm sure these crashes will eventually be minimal.

And I didn't think it has to do with the amount of RAM, as I have tested with many apps opened in the background.

You may need to restart your iPad, clear temp data on Safari, etc.

7. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I haven't had any issues since upgrading. Perhaps some apps are not quite wkg with 4.2?

Cheers,