iPad crashing after OS update

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NJMacJunky, Aug 18, 2010.

1. NJMacJunky macrumors member

Is anyone else having issues with their iPad locking up and not turning on since they updated the OS on Monday? Since I did the upgrade my iPad locks up and the only way to power it back on is to do a hard reboot. I took it to the Apple Store and told them I did the update, did the hard reboot, then it was fine. All was good for about 4 hours this morning, I used it a bit, then went to use it just now and it was locked up again and would not power on. I'm gonna have to go back to the previous OS.

2. jimHdk macrumors regular

I haven't had any problem with the update. You might want to try a restore.

3. HARLEY143, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011

HARLEY143 macrumors newbie

IPAD Locks up after update

I am going on my third IPAD2. In each case I have tried to update and it does not complete and just freezes, and will not turn on. Have been to the Apple store twice and they have attempted to update to 4.3.2 and it gets to a certain point and locks up. I also was having problems with the MIC, using Face Time and the person at the other end was getting static only. I downloaded a irecorded app to see if it would record and it failed to record. Sure hope APPle can clean up these problems. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can update the IPAD software. Someone suggested that it could be security software stopping the update, and to close the security programs.