ipad crashing with 4.2.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RobNor, Dec 4, 2010.

1. RobNor, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

RobNor macrumors regular

For the third time since installing 4.2.1 my ipad has crashed.I have left it,it goes to sleep and then the only way to get it back on is to do a hard reset

This never happened under the previous versions of the OS.I've had the ipad since launch

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

What is your build? it is in parentheses/brackets after the version number.

3. RobNor thread starter macrumors regular

4. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Does it seem to happen more often with a particular app or just in general?

Do you have a lot of apps running in the background? Or even particular apps that may be running in the background?

5. RobNor thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure, haven't noticed a particular pattern

6. scelzifan macrumors 6502

Mine doesn't crash but this latest build sure does have it fair share of problems. Just seems unstable and kinda rough still, like it wasn't ready to be released yet. Maybe that's why their is supposed to be a update again this month.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Haven't had any crashes since I updated to 4.2.1.

8. alexalas macrumors newbie

Since the update, mine crashes almost once a day, after play NFS Shift, Farmville or Smurfville

9. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

That would lead me to believe that its something to do with how its handling graphics thats causing it to crash.

10. Mo3b3tta macrumors newbie

iPad 4.21 App instability

I have four friends with iPads in my neighborhood and we have noticed that all of the iPads are crashing frequently since going to 4.21. If Apple doesn't fix this soon most business users will not feel comfortable trusting this device in a business setting.

Apple QA needs to be slapped for letting this get through.

11. Wozza2010 macrumors member

Mine hasn't crashed touch wood since going to 4.2.1. but I have to agree with some posters in this thread about the general performance of 4.2.1.

Wifi is god awful slow and the iPad experience seems to be a lot more jerky and slow overall.

I really hope Apple come out with a performance/stability patch some time soon.

12. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Although I've heard about this both my iPads have been fine.

13. vanc macrumors 6502

I did not see any crashes since 4.2.1. May due to some corner cases, like graphics hardware, triggered by the games.

14. FromtheRight macrumors newbie

Null app icon delete causes crash

I had an app icon get stuck on my bottom app row display on my iPad with 4.2. I deleted the stuck app icon and during the delete the iPad created a "null" app on the bottom row. That's exactly what the app said. When I deleted the "null" app my iPad completely froze i.e. crashed. I want my life back, I mean I want my original iPad software back. What's with this buggy 4.2? Was it created by M.S.?