Ipad Damage

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ar1k, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Ar1k macrumors newbie

Hi all, Im new to this form so I hope I am creating this thread in the correct manner. The main reason for me joining this form is to get some opinions on some slight damage that has occurred to a family members Ipad. The damage is to the bottom right corner bezel which seems to have been chipped and subsequently caused a slight pressure crack in the glass diagonally in line with the crack. (I will attach a picture). The perplexing thing however is that the family member swears that they have not dropped the ipad. It is furthermore usually just them at the house so no one else will have really had access to it to cause the damage. The family member has no reason to lie to me, and I furthermore have no reason to lie to this form, I do not want apple to replace the product nor am I denying the fact that it does indeed look like it has been dropped. Basically what I am asking is how, if at all possible, could this damage have been done without the product being dropped? The glass has no crack in it and one would think a drop that has enough force to chip the bezel would impact the glass creating a crack. Anyway all opinions are welcome. [​IMG]

2. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

It HAS been dropped or something dropped on it. :rolleyes:

Family members are more likely to lie to you than strangers. :D

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Hate to say it, but someone is lying.

4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Is there a dog in the house ? I had a playful puppy that picked up a small picture frame, too much pressure from a tooth, chip in glass, then crack.

5. iamsophie macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, but almost guaranteed that it's been dropped.

6. tann macrumors 68000

Looking at that picture that bad boy has been dropped!

My source is past experience!

7. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, it looks like someone is lying to you.

8. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Well, if it wasn't dropped, then someone quite energetically slammed that corner into a hard object. Maybe a brick wall?

Lucky you that the glass is intact.

9. Legios macrumors regular

10. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I know the feeling, my nieces/nephew's says they didn't drop my iPad 2 (Wi-Fi), which I sold a few weeks ago and upgraded to the new iPad.

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My brothers kids are very young. I forgot to put my iPad 3 away before they came over last week. It was out on the coffee table, one of them grabbed it and flung it like a toy, despite the fact it landed on the tile floor face down, there was only a very minor scratch on one corner. I am very impressed with just how strong the glass is. Truly amazing.

12. LeeM macrumors 6502a

13. Ar1k thread starter macrumors newbie

I would just like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply, yeah I think I will just have to accept it has been dropped. :(

14. ARSC macrumors 6502

15. LastDayDawn macrumors newbie

LastDayDawn

Either dropped or fell from a table due to user negligence or a dog.