iPad Data Plan question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I'm debating between a Wifi or 4G iPad.

My question is... If I buy an iPad 4G, I want to use Wifi, so does that mean I have to pay for the 4G even if I don't use it? Like let's say I'm going on vacation for a month, can I just pay for data just that one month? Or is it a contract thing like a phone, and I have to pay monthly, even if I'm not using it?

2. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

from the Apple website:

No contract. No long-term commitment.
    When you decide to activate 4G LTE data service, you can choose the amount of data per month you want to buy — with no long-term contract. So if you have a business trip or vacation approaching, just sign up for the month you’ll be traveling and cancel when you get back.

3. gamecube117 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow that's awesome... Thanks

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

My husband and I both have AT&T iPads. I keep my data monthly because I useit but he only activates his when he goes out if town.

I don't know about Verzion but with AT&T when you activate it let it sit for a day then cancel the renewal. If you wait until just before the renewal date it will automatically renew and you'll have another month's data. He usually just waits a day or so and has had no issues.

5. elmo151 Guest

thanks...I didn't know that!