iPad Data still working after expired

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mlrollin91, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Did some searching but couldn't find anything on this. So I signed up for 3G on my iPad March 18th. It was set to expire yesterday (17th). I had previously cancelled the plan so it would not auto-renew. So yesterday comes and goes, data still works, today, day 31, data is still working. The countdown on the iPad Data account shows 0 minutes remaining.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is AT&T going to find a way to charge me for this data that has been used even though I had not signed up for it?

Thanks in advance!

2. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

I have no idea since I'm just about to order my ipad 2 3G :D
    But, wow... really? I hope they don't "secretly" charge you for that.

3. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Yeah. I'm afraid to use it incase they find a way to charge me, but at the same time I want to use it because last month I paid for 2GB of data and ended up only using 1.1GB so they made money off of me.

4. kcdude macrumors regular

5. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

No I cancelled auto-renew and have not been charged. I've been watching it. Have not checked my iPad today, but as of last night it was still working, 2+ days after it expired.

6. Kupp macrumors regular

Doesn't AT&T have a post paid plan? I imagine they will send you a bill.

7. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Post-paid is when you add it to your current ATT account, which requires a new sim card if you already activate the one in the iPad for pre-paid.

My iPad still says I have 1400MB with 0 minutes remaining until plan expires. Hasn't even updated any data that I've used since 4/17. How strange.

8. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    I had this happen with my iPad 1. What happened to me was that I canceled my data plan and I had 30 days or so to use whatever remaining amount of data I had left after my billing ended.

OP, I think that's what you are experiencing.

9. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

So if I understand you correctly, I have 60Days to use my 2GB? That doesn't make sense so I must be misunderstanding what you are saying.

Because isn't the data remaining at the end of the 30 days surrendered? So I should have lost my 1400MB or whatever I had left over.

10. bluebermuda macrumors regular

bluebermuda

Everything is fine. You should not be charged. AT&T has a promotion in which they are giving the second month free for new signups. Go to their site for confirmation. Enjoy your free month.

11. Mlrollin91 thread starter macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Great to hear. I will check it out later. Thanks!