Carrier iPad default tmobile plan or add a line to cellular

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mc906, Nov 15, 2013.

1. mc906 macrumors newbie

I understand the default tmobile plan and the pricing for it.
    Currently I have a 3 line uncarrier family plan with tmobilethay can be cancelled anytime.

It would cost $10 monthly to add a new line to the plan which comes 500mb of 4g and ulimited 2g(?). $20 for 2.5gb. And $30 for unlimited.(which I currently have on my phone.)
    I understand it gives me a bit lower data for the price point unless I go for $30 unlimited. But would it be worth it to get the $20 plan with .2gb less but not have to worry about running out because after I use up 2.5gb I would just get slowed down and not have to pay again to use the 4g like the default plan.

I hope I was being clear. Thanks in advance.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

No, you weren't clear.

It sounds like you want TMo to do something screwy in their system so that it recognizes and iPad not for what it is, but instead as a SmartPhone with voice capability.?

3. mc906 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no difference in technology between what tmobile is offering. Basically the default plan comes with data only and cellular plan comes with data+minutes+text(which iPad won't be able to use)

Right now I can take the SIM out of my smartphone and put it in my iPad and it gets unlimited data. vise versa I would be able to use iPad SIM in my smartphone for data, it just won't have voice and text.

So what I'm simply asking is which would be a better deal,

to have less 4g data but unlimited 2g for the rest of the month or $30 for unlimited 4g by adding a line to my cellular plan

or

to have the free 200mb option and a bit more 4g data at the $20 price point, but no unlimited option, and I would have to pay for a new cycle if I go over the limit.

thanks