iPad deleted text prior to sending emails?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pulpadded, Apr 3, 2012.

1. pulpadded macrumors newbie

My girlfriend's iPad frequently deletes text when sending emails, and not all email clients (namely our college's) have a "save" function.

She's be typing an email, go to another window to check information (she does a lot of student organizations and events, so she has to doublecheck documents), and come back and it'll have deleted what she had typed so far. Why is this?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is she drafting the email from a web based email system?

3. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

That doesn't seem right.
    I do the switching a lot too and never had that issue.
    You may want to do a clean restore and install and not use a previous backup from iTunes.

4. pulpadded thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, our campus email system is web based, there's no draft function, and they won't answer questions regarding how to set it up through a program like Mac Mail.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Safari doesn't cache (if that is the right word) so if you go from say one tab to another or one app and back to Safari, your "form" will be cleared out. This has happened too many times for me to even mention on my iPad. I think originally people complained that Safari re-rendered if you left the tab or app and came back.

I use iCab Mobile or Atomic Browser sometimes if I need to switch from tab to tab often.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Thats a real good answer.
    I never use a web email client and would have never thought of that.

I also use iCab and been having some similar problems as to where I have several tabs open and close iCab to few mail and when I go back all tabs are closed and gone.
    It drives me crazy.