iPad Delivery woes. Excellent Customer Service tale.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wrathwitch, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Well to my horror, I noticed this morning that my iPad which was supposed to be delivered on the 21st March (is what it said for at least 4-5 days after ordering it) has suddenly started showing the 27th March......Unacceptable so I call Apple Customer Service. 16GB Black.

I was expecting the offer of expedited shipping as they are pretty good for that.

What I was offered was a $45.00 credit for the cover I purchased as well as expedited shipping (which offers me one day sooner or maybe more depending on exact shipping date).

I know I could probably walk into Apple Store next week and get one, but seriously, why turn down free money? So I will wait patiently and enjoy the MR posts from happy or unhappy customers while I bide my time.

Very pleased with Aziza who took my call.

Thought I would share.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Go out and buy one in store now, then when the order comes in, return just the iPad and not the cover. :cool:

3. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not that urgent that I get the iPad right away, and tbh I would feel kinda...slimy doing something like that. The offer they made to me was out of the desire to be helpful and take some of the sting out of having to wait(and get my money also haha). It would feel like I was trying to cheat them or something. Or at the very least it would undo the reason that they offered me the rebate.:apple:

4. iLukeJoseph macrumors 6502

Businesses need more clients like you. I own a small business, gave a quote to a client with a large discount as it is a large job and would save a ton of red-tape to get under a certain number. Client gives me a verbal, then starts slashing everything/removing equipment and still expects the same discount.

Good on ya OP!

5. Wrathwitch, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I am not sure if it's luck or Karma, but I re-checked my order and firstly, they have expedited shipping on my ATV (vs standard shipping)and the delivery date on my iPad have fluctuated back to the 21 March.

I have NO idea when I am going to get this, but I will keep my fingers crossed haha!

Wish me luck folks!