Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flobach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Germany
Hello all,

Decided to use my iPad Air 3 as my main computer, as such want to have the option of using it at my desk for extended periods of time. I tend to have bad posture anyway, so need to get the iPad up and close to ergonomic eye-level height as possible. Would still love to be able to access the iPad quickly for Tablet usage.

My current setup (pictured) is OK, but a) the shoebox would need to be about twice the height, and b) doesn‘t look very elegant.

Does anybody have any recommendations? Foldable solutions (a la ROOST stand) ideal, but not absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4636.jpeg

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Thanks. Something like that would probably work. Any experience with them? How easy they are to remove the iPad? Stability on the desk?

I don't have that particular stand but I have these two for use with my 12.9 Pro (they're not eye-level) -

This one is easy to use, iPad just sets onto small holders:

This one is higher and uses a spring-loaded holder like I linked to above (had to get the larger holder for the 12.9). The holder is pretty straightforward as I just set the iPad on the lower portion and pull up on the top one to set it in.

Both are heavy duty and feel real sturdy in use, even with the 12.9 in a case. No problem with screen touching upsetting them. The original I linked to has a heavy base so it should be real steady.

Reactions: flobach
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.