ipad died. should i wait or buy new now

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by seanrichard, Sep 26, 2013.

  1. seanrichard macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    #1
    my ipad 3 is dead after the display got cracked and fell in water so need a new one as the cost to have this one fixed is around 400 canadian. my question is what should i do? it seems apple is in the process of refreshing it's entire product line by the end of the year and no one knows for shore of anything other then a new ox and a new mac pro by years end. if i buy now (i 'm thinking another ipad, a mac book air or a mac book pro 13 retina) will the new models coming be that much faster etc to justify waiting for what ever fill in the blank update comes by the end of the year? thanks in advance for any advice on this
     
  2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2008
    Location:
    Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
    #2
    Everyone's opinion/needs are different, but, I would say wait. It's only a month or two away and upgrades will be upgrades for the same or less money.

    new iPads are all but guaranteed, and the new Haswell processors do wonders for the battery life on these computers. Plus, there might be other things we don't know about.

    The bottom line: updates are VERY close most likely, and will bring nothing but good things.
     
  3. bkribbs macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2012
    #3
    And you can always get a current model for cheaper after the upgrade as well. Stay away until upgrades if you can.
     
  4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

    crzdcolombian

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2010
    #4
    If the iPad is the only thing you have linked to the internet then get one now. If not you can wait 2 weeks for the Apple iPad show. Isn't it Oct 10? or wasn't that the date last time?
     
  5. ftaok macrumors 601

    ftaok

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2002
    Location:
    East Coast
    #5
    The only thing is that if/when they make the new iPads available, you won't be able to get your grubby Apple hands on them for a few weeks due to pent up demand. Folks have been waiting since last October and it's going to be crushing to get one.

    My advice would be to watch or follow the upcoming iPad event. Figure out which one you want ... iPad5 or iPad mini2. Make a quick decision and pre-order the second the website opens for pre-orders. Waiting at a store is hit-miss and you'll likely end up scuffling with the scalpers in line and ending up in a Mexican jail.

    Don't end up in a Mexican jail.
     
  6. chenjuanhuo macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2013
    #6
    you are right, Folks have been waiting since last October and it's going to be crushing to get one.[​IMG]
     
  7. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

    LeandrodaFL

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2011
    #7
    Dude, the next iPAd will come with iOS 7. So it depends if you are ok with the new child interface. If you want iOS 6, you can still find iPAd 4 running the OS, but you got to be fast
     
  8. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

    MartinAppleGuy

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2013
    #9
    Definitely wait. iOS 7 is not all that great with even an iPad 4 and you might as well get the great performance boost as well as the new form factor with the iPad 5 for the same price. The discounts you see might seem like a good offer, but it is only because they are not longer wanted as the new ones are coming.

    Trust me, it is a mistake to my one now (looking like Oct. 15 for the unavailing of the iPad 5).

    ----------

    Oct. 15. I should be the 8th that the invitations will get sent out then.
     

Share This Page