Ipad digitizer trouble

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ninjafreak9500, Jan 1, 2013.

1. ninjafreak9500 macrumors newbie

Hello,

So recently my Ipad 1st gen wifi 3g was stepped on by my older brother and ruined the LCD (Gray bar across the middle), i bought a new LCD, took apart the ipad (not an expert at this in any way) and installed the new LCD, i put everything back together and the new LCD worked great! But the touch screen wasnt working. with research and experimenting i discovered that in the process of taking apart the ipad i ruined the digitizer ribbon cable. So now spending more money bought a new digitizer cable connected to the screen (http://www.ebay.com/itm/370635497931?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) Today i got it in the mail and started the process of taking the ipad apart again and i realized that there is no border thing that holds in the LCD (sorry dont know what its called), like the digitizer screen i got did not come with the big piece around the edge including the home button.

Long story short, do i need to buy a new "Border/homebutton"? or is there a way to seperate the border from my old digitizer screen and place it on my new one.

Thank you

2. seaspray99 macrumors newbie

Hi, you can buy the plastic mid frame( surrounds the digitizer) on ebay as far as the home button, you need to take the home button assembly off your old screen including the silver camera locator at the top and adhere them to your new digitizer before assembly make sure the black tabs on the digitizer ribbon are clicked down after inserting the digitizer ribbon.

----------

To add to that, if you still have the old plastic mid frame border clean it off use double sided sticky tape and re-use it.