iPad disconnects from iTunes and computer while syncing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Jun 18, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm not sure computer setting or what, drivers etc.. But when syncing or my iPad is plugged into my computer I notice at times it gets disconnected - then reconnects itself.

Does this happen to anybody? Solutions?

2. interwebs macrumors member

If this is in Windows it may be that the USB host is erroneously detecting a sleep state and shutting off power to the port momentarily. Try going to Device Manager and locating, under USB controllers, which root hub (or whatever your system calls it) has the iPad connected and disable "allow computer to turn off this device to save power."

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

^thanks

I've looked up in USB under device manager seem to have found it "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" but right clicking only shows Update driver/Uninstall/Scan for hardware changes

I dont see the allow computer to turn this device off option

4. interwebs macrumors member

Which OS are you running specifically? That'd make it easier for me to tell you exactly what the item is probably called. It'll *probably* be under something like "USB Serial Bus Controllers" at the bottom of the list of items in Device Manager. Expand that out, and maybe under an item called "USB Root Hub", for which you will see multiple entries if you have multiple USB ports. You'll have to find the one to which your iPad is attached. Under a tab such as "Power Management", you'll see the option to power down the device.

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I'm on Windows 7 OK think I found them they are listed as USB Root Hub

All of them well aside from one are unchecked, should I go on and "check" them?

6. interwebs macrumors member

You want the box unchecked if the problem is the port is cutting power due to an erroneous detection of idle state.

7. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Not good with computers sorry ok have gone and done that, and hey its always cut in and out right after plugging in so far hasn't disconnected me. I even synced and backed up.

*crossing fingers*

8. interwebs, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

interwebs macrumors member

No worries. I wasn't frustrated. I was just trying to make it very clear so that I could be as helpful as possible.

Good luck! Let us know what happens :)

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Oh I know figured I was though LOL

seems to be sorted:)

10. interwebs macrumors member

Awesome! Glad I could help ^_^