ipad discounting?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stoveguy, Mar 24, 2011.

1. stoveguy macrumors member

sams club has 16gb ipad 1 for 388. reg price is 488. i think they are new. is apple selling their old stock at a discount? thought they locked price and all merchants had to sell at agreed price? maybe it is a refurb unit at sams?

2. Mdifilm macrumors regular

I've seen walmart/bestbuy/target/apple.com for ipad 1 at $399 and refurbished ones at Apple.com at $350 (for 16gb), I know all the iPad 1 are right now at a discounted price... ust do a check yourself online if you need to.

3. AZ-James macrumors newbie

$388 is a good price. Im pretty sure its new, Sams Club is normally a little cheaper and I know Wal Mart has always shaved atleast $1 of apple prices. Even on Apples site with my corporate discount I can order an Ipad 2 for 488 so I dont think there being that firm. The 16G IPad 1s have been 399 everywhere but it appears they are starting to get hard to find and the ebay prices are starting to climp up. I just watched and auction end for 430 and that was an open box. Also Apple is sold out of 16G refurbs online and there not even listed right now.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Apple knocked $100 off the ipad1 prices right after the ipad2 was announced.

You're just seeing the trickle down.

5. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

Go to your verizon stores. i juts got a 16gb wifi for 299

6. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Was that with a MiFi card & a contract?

7. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

8. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Interesting. Was it some kind of deal or are you a VZW subscriber? Curious if I stop by the VZW store this afternoon & they happen to have any in stock if I need to give the secret handshake or something.

9. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

No im not a verizon customer. it was just a price reduction that started this morning nation wide

10. 184550 Guest

I was in Sams two weekends ago and they had price up for their remaining stock.