iPad + Dock Connector to VGA + Keynote

Discussion in 'iPad' started by drtimjones, Aug 16, 2010.

1. drtimjones macrumors newbie

Hello,

I would like to use my iPad to connect to a projector (via a VGA adapter) for presentations (via Keynote) with embedded videos i.e. not links but actual videos from YouTube etc. that I'm planning to convert using Skysoft Video for iPad converter, embed these into the presentations and play from within Keynote.

Does anyone successfully manage this? Secondly. is Skysoft Video for iPad converter the best package for this job?

I would be really really grateful for any help received. Thank you

2. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

I am afraid you cannot embed videos into presentations for the iPad, you can play them from the Video app though

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Not true.

I did a Keynote presentation, complete with videos, created and presented entirely on my iPad. Shown on a projector via the VGA cable.

The one thing to note, however, is that I haven't found a way to make the videos loop. They play once through then stop. If you want it to play again you have to back up the slide then advance again.

4. loopy07 macrumors newbie

xraydoc:
    I'm starting a presentation in desktop version of Keynote to be transferred and delivered on iPad. Would like to get more info from you on adding videos. What process did you use?

Thanks!
    Paul
    paul@tkorlando.com