iPad Drops Wifi to connect to printer

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by themattman, Feb 18, 2013.

1. themattman macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I gave my parents an iPad 4 64GB a few months ago and it appears that there is an issue with the wireless connectivity. Along with the iPad I bought an HP Photosmart 5520 wireless printer. I set both up, and they worked well together.

Recently my parents have noticed that their wifi connection will either drop to LTE (even though an iPhone does not experience the same issues) and/or the wifi signal will automatically switch to the wireless "network" of the printer and then the iPad can't access the internet unless it is manually switched back. Forgetting the printer wireless network has not helped. and I currently have the printer set up as a static IP address.

Does this problem seem unusual? Does it appear that there is a problem with the iPad, the router, or the printer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. themattman thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an Actiontec Router, and I believe the model number is MI424WR. I can get the exact model number later today.

4. julesb5 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem

I have an Ipad 3 and the same hp printer. Did you ever come up with a solution?