iPad + DSLR + Stylish Bag in NYC?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MadDog31, Apr 30, 2010.

1. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I'm about to get my iPad in today and I'm thrilled (yay says everybody). I have a friend of mine coming in with the same setup next week. We're going to be doing some photography around the city and were wondering if there are any places in NYC to look for decent bags that'll hold an iPad and a DSLR camera with a lens or two. We're not looking to break the bank but we're also not looking to have bags that announce that we have $$$$ on our backs or sides.

Any ideas on camera shops (B&H, JR I know of) in NYC that you've used?

Thanks for any help.

2. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Adorama (18th st between 5th and 6th ave) is good. Haven't paid attention to their bag selection, though. However, shopping there is much more pleasant than B&H, which is like going through customs.

3. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

4. MadDog31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks to you both for the store review and the bag link. Both very interesting and I'll have to pass them along. Any other ideas? I'd like to have a few options heading into next week just in case.

Very interesting on that bag though.

5. Presha macrumors regular

6. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Haven't been to Adorama, but completely agree with your assessment of B&H. Not exactly a 'homey' place. That said, when buying online I almost always end up at B&H. One step away from expecting a cavity check at the end of the visit. :)

Steve

7. CW Jones macrumors 6502

7MDH is the only way to go IMO as long as your ok with a shoulder bag style.
    If you don't live in NY then I would suggest ordering it from Adorama/B&H so you don't have to pay NY state tax on it. If you close enough to go on a day trip then you should be able to do standard shipping and have in in 2 days. I live in CT and do the standard 3-5 day and have seen items in stock the next day!

8. Perrumpo macrumors 68000

Perrumpo

If you're looking for a backpack, I'd recommend one in Kata's DR-Series. I got one because of the iPad. I chose the DR-467i because of the larger laptop/iPad compartment. Here is my review of it for lots of pictures.

I know B&H has it.

9. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

I've felt that way about visiting New York City in general. :D :p

10. adthenomad macrumors newbie