iPad iPad e-mails not transferring to trash

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mcbelfast, Nov 15, 2013.

1. mcbelfast macrumors newbie

Does anybody have any insight on why my iPad would not be allowing me to transfer e-mails to the trash folder?

I have my iPad synced with my Hotmail account and up until this week it had worked perfectly. All of a sudden, I'm now getting a notification when I attempt to delete something saying that the item 'could not be moved to the trash folder'.

I have been into the Genius Bar. They deleted the account from the iPad and re-installed it. They claim it's something to do with Hotmail and I should check with them. Microsoft's support structure is almost as complex as Apple's of course and I still can't locate a proper answer. I can't post on the Apple communities because of a problem mentioned here (which I assume has yet to be resolved with other users?):

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1307516

What I do know is that the trash can symbol has disappeared from the side menu in the mail app. I have seen other posts online about advanced mail settings on the iPad and altering the archive settings for the mail app. I can't locate either of these things.

I haven't yet updated to the latest iOS.

Does anybody have any tips?

Thanks.

2. mcbelfast thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to bump but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys.