Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

designfabulous

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
4728912833_9d711fa7d6_b.jpg

4728912611_f07cc2fce5_b.jpg

There are a bunch of these $27ish cases on eBay that look like the Apple/Yoobao cases so I decided to get one. My conclusion is that it's not bad but not great. If you are looking for a cheap alternative to all those leather cases, this is a reasonable choice.

More photos here: http://designfabulous.blogspot.com/2010/06/ipad-case.html

ryank42

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
I picked this case up for $14 plus shipping from the seller referenced in the previous post and it just arrived. Overall I am pretty happy with it. From a functional standpoint it holds it's position for typing or landscape video viewing and is stable. I like the fact that it's not too thick, though more so than the Apple case, and the stitching is solid and doesn't stand out.

My only complaints are that the cover only holds shut on one corner - the small magnet in the other corner may have slipped or not been installed. Also, while it has a flap that tucks under the iPad to hold it in place the arrangement is not super tight, and the synthetic material doesn't create enough friction to really keep the iPad from moving. So while in landscape mode it still slips a little, though not really enough for the case bezel to cover the screen.

Again, for the price it definitely exceeded my expectations and I plan to continue using it daily due to how useful the design is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.