Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonyochs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2018
Does anyone else have an issue with the iPad edges on the 6th generation iPad? When I hold it for long periods of time on the sides the edges start to feel uncomfortable to the point where I want it set it down flat.

I just went into Apple and the manager had said that they couldn’t do anything about it because it isn’t a hardware problem. I got it 2 months ago and didn’t realize it really until about a month in so I can’t return it.

My new iPhone Xs Max has even gotten a permanent scratch on the screen. And I have only had it for 3 days. I’m not sure but apple products are really starting to change for the worse in my opinion.

Please let me know if one of you are having issues with the edges or screens on the new iPhones also...

Best

Kung gu

Suspended
Oct 20, 2018
its just you for the ipad, if it hurts take some rest and then use it again. For the iPhone xs max the stronger the glass gets the more scratch prone its gets and its best to get a screen protector.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
For the life of me, I can’t understand how the curved smooth edges of the iPad could hurt anyone. No offense to your delicate hands, but perhaps you should use a case then. Or maybe get one of those hand grip exercisers and toughen up your mitts a bit. Heh heh.

If you’re having a tough time with the curved iPads, then you can cross the new iPad pros off your list. They are getting those razor sharp flat edges! Heh heh heh.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
iPad's edges are not completely rounded. I expect it's the chamfered edges that dig into the palms. Personally, the edges are one of the reasons I always got a case for my iPads. Same for iPhone 4 to 5s. Before the iPhone 4, I used to go caseless.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I agree with above about using a case. Will solve the problem and provide long term protection.

Along this topic, the iPod Nano 5th gen had razor sharp edges. I never understood why it was designed this way.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.