iPad Email Problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MARobinson, Jun 28, 2016.

1. MARobinson macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. When I receive email on my iPad Air, it shows up addressed to Apple.com rather to me. I do not have this issue with my iPhone 6S. What do I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Check what you have selected in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>My Info (in the CONTACTS section).

3. MARobinson thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Jun 28, 2016 ---
    When I open the contacts section I see a list of my contacts, in alphabetical order. I don't know that I have selected anything.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That's where you're supposed to pick your own contact card, which your need to review for accuracy.

5. MARobinson thread starter macrumors newbie

I just realized that I wrote "Apple.com" in my original post. The To: line of my emails actually says Apple Inc. My Info points to my contact information, which is correct. I talked to an Apple customer service rep and his supervisor, but so far they are stumped. The supervisor said she had never seen this problem before. I'm hoping someone else will know what to do so the emails in my inbox will correctly show that they were sent to me rather than to Apple. Thanks.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

They might not have suggested deleting any Apple Inc. contact...but I will.

For "My Info" select a different card, then re-select yours.

You might also detail what Apple support had you do so that we don't waste space duplicating the ideas.

7. MARobinson thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Brian. There is no Apple Inc card to delete, and My Info now shows the correct contact with my correct email address. Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. And, I was on the phone trying different things for about an hour, so it would be too much to list everything we did even if I could remember it all, which I can't.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn