iPad Facebook Unlocker

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Stevelamont, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Stevelamont macrumors newbie

A while ago I installed the Facebook unlock that exploited the code hidden in the iPhone version of the app. The weird thing is, since last night when I use the Facebook add I am getting automatically redirected to you tube. Now this is weird as the video in question is always
    "daddy longlegs, who did name you?"
    I'm really not sure what's going on? This happens after a few seconds of opening the app. I can not find anyone with the same problem

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

On very rare occasions (it has happened about a dozen times total, over many months), I will have a cache direction issue of some kind that will cause my iPad 2 to do something similar.

In every case, a restart solved the problem and I do not view it as a problem with the iPad 2 because I have Cydia applications installed.

3. jourabchid macrumors newbie

Same thing was happening to me, so i removed both "face forward" and "Facebook" from my iPad 2.

Because not only was i being redirected to, "jedi kittens" but when i had my Smart cover closed and my iPad would randomly reset and be stuck at the apple logo. after being shut for 2-3 minutes...reboot, reboot reboot.

i uninstalled both the above, and i have not had the issue since.. right when i was getting ready to do a full restore.

i am glad i read this post to push me in the right direction

4. jourabchid macrumors newbie

5. IrishVixen, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

iPad isn't crashing here, but yes, I've got the glitch with YouTube as well. It actually opens the last video one of your friends posted to their own status. Canceling "music and video" subscription for your friends doesn't work; apparently that doesn't affect YouTube links (which, BTW, is dumb as hell--nothing about FB's latest updates makes sense though, why should this?) The Facebook for iPhone app is fine in RetinaPad, but with FaceForward and the "iPad" version opened, the glitch appears.

I suggest everyone with this issue send a polite note to chpwn through Cydia so he's aware of it. Hopefully he can track it down and fix it if it's an actual glitch, or block it if this is Facebook actively trying to shut us down (again).

6. corgiboy macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem with my iPad which just started post the last update.

Trying to read any New feed whether the actual News Feeds or a person's wall, I'm instantly transferred to Safari to a youtube video. Mine are the last one posted in my news feeds as well. I cannot figure this out.

I have rebooted my iPad and uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook with nothing working. My guess is that a restore will not work based on the other comments.

Hopefully somebody will find this thread and help fix this problem.

7. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

Mine does it too. It's VERY annoying. My iPad2 is not jailbroken/hacked like others have been so that is not the issue.

8. Stevelamont thread starter macrumors newbie

How can you be using the iPad version of Facebook then? Or is it the iPhone version you are using?

9. corgiboy macrumors newbie

It is the iPhone App for me. I tested it on my iPhone and I DON'T see the same issue. I thought my issue had to do with a very strange friend request I got but after reading here I don't think so.

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If it's affecting the current version of the app (which doesn't work with FaceForward at all) AND non jailbroken devices, it's a problem on Facebook's end. And given just how responsive they are to the iPad community in general, I'd say we can kiss off any chance of them fixing it soon.

Hope the new app really is being released with the event on the 4th and corrects this issue. I already miss the iPad version.

11. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

I also have an iPad 2 running FaceForward. As soon as I open the app it goes to YouTube. It's awful, not sure what the issue is but I imagine it's something with the new Facebook update. Hopefully Tuesday we truly see the official iPad app.