iPad fell

Discussion in 'iPad' started by juan370Z, Feb 9, 2012.

1. juan370Z macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey guys my iPad just fell literally 2 feet of the ground And made a a whole right side border crack. Does apple fix this?
    Also across the screen there is two hair line size cracks. If apples fixes this how much would it cost?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

They'll fix it, but it's not inexpensive. Call your local Apple store and ask. Or, you might get lucky and get a free replacement.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can look on the support pages for the iPad. It's an out of warrenty replacement.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Does touch work? Digitizer fine.

I'd get a screen protector, should help hold the glass together and from fracturing more.

It adds character :)

I'd also stop dropping it.

5. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah the touch works fine. You think ill drop at 900 dollar ipad just for the hell of it? I had it since the day it came out and yestarday was the first time it fell and it was only a two feet drop. Thats all it takes to ****** up a screen. I went to apple see how much it cost to fix they said they dont do repairs. Im like WTF are you serious. Apple employee said will give you a new ipad ( 64 gb) verizon 3g for 400 bucks im like yeah right. I walked out might as well selll this one and buy a new ipad when it comes out.

6. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Damn, that's sweet of them. They'll eat >50% of replacement price for a butter fingered screw-up you made. That's why Apple = :thumbsup:

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Well how much did you think it would cost to repair? $50? I'd say their offer was more than fair and more than you deserve. It's out of warranty. They dont have to give you any deal. You didn't buy the extra warranty. What do you want them to do?

That said, I'd also just wait and get the 3.

8. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Are you BITCHING about Apple offering you a replacement iPad for less than half of what you paid for the one YOU dropped??

The iPad is not a serviceable unit.

9. RoyWill macrumors member

You sure screen protector helps? I think it can only hold the BROKEN GLASS together...

----------

I think most local repair shop can fix it for you. Check craigslist in you local area.. there are a lot of repair shop.. make sure they will provide at least a 30day warranty