Ipad Firmware 4.0 Preview And Beta Wwdc

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Torresangel88, May 27, 2010.

1. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

I think that we are going to see an iPad 4.0 preview and maybe a beta of it too. What do you guys think that the iPad version will have that the iPhone won't have?

2. Shexo macrumors member

Why not, it would be interesting to see what the difference would be between the iPad OS and iPhone.

3. PCClone macrumors 6502a

I think support for the nonexistent front facing camera and USB ports.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Crossing my fingers for the clock and stock apps. Do they really think that is the differentiator for people deciding between an iphone and ipad? geez.

5. HE15MAN macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

I just want them to fix the damn wireless dropping! :mad:

6. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

Seems like the wifi is much better in the 3G iPad. The plastic strip on the top probably boosts the signal quite significantly.

There's very little I would change about the iPad. Multi-tasking is about all it lacks for me, and even then, I can live without it.

7. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I can imagine just how frustrating that can be. Fortunatley, I've had strong, stable wifi signals since I've had my iPad. But I do acknowledge and sympathize with the many iPad owners who've posted about their wifi woes. Whether this issue is related to individual iPads or routers it seems to be something Apple should be looking in to.

8. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I tend to agree. I've had my iPad since last Wednesday, with heavy usage on both wifi and 3G, and have yet to lose a connection.

Hope Apple releases a software fix for you soon.

Jude

9. PCClone macrumors 6502a

I wonder if the will show how iPads can make toast?

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I believe that the wifi antenna is still in the same place, under the Apple logo. The GPS and 3G antennae are under the top black strip. AFAIK