Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2013
hi all... just upgraded from the original iPad that has iOS 5.1.1 on it to the new air... nice difference in performance :)

i wanted to give the old one to a friend so they could read book and the like on it so i wiped it and now notice that i cannot install any of the more popular readers onto it... ibooks needs ios7 to install and the kindle app is telling me it cannot install either as the iOS is too old. i have a load of epub books that i would like to add to the device .... is this possible?

i guess's used to emailing my kindle account with pdf files and syncing them onto my iPad... and i've previously synced epub book through iTunes to ibooks with no issues.. any pointers appreciated

thanks all

sparki

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2013
ended up with google play books... can upload epub from the pc/mac to your google acct online... then download into the app on the iPad as/when needed.

looks like it'll work well... dropbox will want to download each time the app is opened which isn't ideal as the iopad is wifi only... no 3g ;)

cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.