iPad iPad flashpen?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DryEyez, Apr 2, 2012.

1. DryEyez macrumors 6502

Hi guys, im new to the ipad, now i own a macbook pro and this may seem like a very silly question to some of you, but i'm a little unknowledgable with ios. For years i've been use to draggin pg and dropping files onto my mobile phones etc.

Anyway, to my question, i'm going on holiday soon and wanted to put some films on my ipad for the journey, i won't have internet access during my trip so the films need to be on the ipad....what are my different optins for putting films onto it, including, but also a way not including, iTunes would be useful, as i already have some films on my hdd, but not through iTunes...

Thanks for any help :)

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

I don't know if there are better ways, but I like this one the best.
    It works well on a Mac, but installing files to support Windows is also possible.

First jailbreak

Then open Cydia and install Netatalk (search for it if you have trouble finding it)

While on the same network you will find your iPad in the Finder sidebar on your Mac.

For Windows there should be a package named smb or Samba or something, which will make your iPad visible in the network section of Windows Explorer. I don't know if this package needs configuration, but might work out of the box.

If you don't have a wireless hotspot to connect the two, you can always install MyWi Mobile Hotspot App. This way you can create a mobile hotspot with your iPad that your computer can connect to. Costs $20, its the best but there are cheaper ways.

3. DryEyez thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks for your help ill give this a go :)