iPad folio case + sleeve?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by itskristian, May 16, 2010.

1. itskristian macrumors newbie

Just got my 16gb 3G iPad about two days ago, and as you all can probably imagine I'm frantically looking for cases. I'm interested in the Marware Eco Vue, but after dropping $680 on this thing, I'm wondering if that could fit in a sleeve? (I'm looking at the Kensington sleeve)

Basically I'm just paranoid about protection with this thing. Any owners of either product (or both?) have some thoughts on this?

2. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I looked and studied and searched reviews for 4 weeks after getting my iPad on release day. Guess what.... after all the hours of researching I did, I ended up getting the Apple iPad case and am very happy.

The thing is protective, is SLIM (unlike 99% of the third party cases), and is functional.

Make your life easy. Don't fret. Just get the Apple case. If you don't like it you still have 14 days to return it with no restocking fee at Apple stores.

And by the way, the $6 Kensington sleeve is not bad either- just not too protective. In fact, the iPad in the Apple iPad case still fits in the Kensington sleeve. I have both and have tested it.

Don't get too hung up on protection. If you drop the iPad from a desktop, the Apple case will protect it fine. The bulky leather cases may be a bit more protective, but I can't imagine they'd be any different until you start dropping the thing from 10 feet or more. When is this going to happen?

3. dstar macrumors regular

A lot of people probably don't care, but for me it's crucial that the case covers the corners of the iPad. I'd like to get something a little nicer than the apple case, but for now it does the trick.

4. MacJones macrumors 6502

The only problem is the Apple Case is backordered "3-4 weeks." I wanted the Apple Case as well but I needed a case before June because I'll be traveling soon. I bought the Marware Eco Vue and I'm very happy with it.