ipad for college

Discussion in 'iPad' started by deathcab4xtina, Mar 2, 2011.

1. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

I am buying an ipad in the next few weeks, and wanted to know what kinds of apps you found useful for college?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Pages
    DropBox
    Evernote
    GoodReader
    Penultimate

3. deathcab4xtina thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, i have a 2010 MBP and was gonna sell and upgrade to a 2011, but decided not to and just get an ipad.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Good idea. No need to upgrade a 2010 MBP.

5. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

In addition to the aforementioned apps, I use WordBook XL, Wikipanion, iBooks, and Free Books.

WordBook XL is a handy tool and provides as a dictionary and a thesaurus. I had to pay for this app after the iPad 1 launch , FYI.

Wikipanion is great for on the go information and basic background information of numerous subjects. Be careful using it as a reference, as some professors frown upon such action.

Check iBooks and Free Books, as they offer some classics for free. Instead of paying $6.95 for a book you might read once, check the lists to see if its free. I was surprised to see books I had purchased a year or so ago, free.

Also, there are apps tailored for specific disciplines such as: science;the Periodic Table app, history and law;Constitution app and a free advanced calculator app; math and science.

I like the iPad and think it is useful for many things, but I bought a wireless keyboard, because I cannot type quickly on the touch screen.

I hope this helps! :D

6. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

writer for writing
    pages for editing the text writen in writer

evernote for class notes since you can organize them and access them in any computer connected to the internet. It can also record sound in the same writen note.

dropbox to access pdfs from my local computer
    goodreader because you can annotate on pdfs and mail your annotations as pure text