ipad for my windows parents/and wi-fi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by welling1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. welling1 macrumors newbie

So my parents are windows users and I want to get them an ipad for x-mas. They have wi-fi and would just be getting them the ipad without the G3.
    My questions are:
    1. Is the ipad fast over a wi-fi connection? My parents seem to have fairly good wi-fi, will streaming videos be ok?

2. the windows issue..... How would set up be? I have a mac so could configure anything that's needed, however i live many states away so would need to do this once, give them the ipad and they'd be on their own. Would there be any issue with configuring to their wi-fi?

3. (note that i don't have wi-fi at the moment, so am very much in the dark on this)
    thanks for any input!:confused:

2. Shoechick macrumors newbie

Shoechick

I'm a PC girl and have an Ipad on Wifi only. No problem setting it up at all, they just need an Itunes Account. My Wifi is pretty speedy, the only time I have delays is if my husband is playing 9 hands of poker at the same time as I'm surfing :)

3. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I use Windows, and I've got an 8mb/s connection and while the web browsing, and app downloading is pretty quick. The buffering of YouTube videos seems a tad slower than on desktop, but the iPad seems to auto load the HD versions of the videos on Wi-Fi so that's probably why.

Setting up took almost no effort, I already had the iTunes account from my iPhone and iPod previously. Just plugged in, named it, associated my ID with it and synced.