iPad for Note taking.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Helixc0de, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Helixc0de macrumors regular

I recently started high school and a new policy came up saying we can use laptops, and e-reader, and tablets to help us in school with our work. I had a 1st generation iPad earlier this year in January that I got for Christmas but I later sold it to buy a Macbook Pro. I was thinking about just taking my Macbook pro to school and using it to take notes but it could easily get stolen. But with a iPad is a lot more portable and I could put it in a light gym back to carry it with me to lunch. As with a macbook I would have to bring a laptop bag which is to bulky for lunch. I would also like to use a iPad mainly for note taking. Please tell me what I should do.

2. Chris6699 macrumors newbie

Sounds like you have answered your own question. Get an iPad! ;)

3. tootall macrumors regular

4. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Agree. The iPad isn't as great for note taking as it appears to be.

5. Chris6699 macrumors newbie

Or get an iPad and buy a clamcase! Genius bit of kit!

6. W1MRK macrumors 6502

looked at both for notes and class, going with a MBA 13 try the iPad as far as typing, too many errors with my fat fingers at least

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

8. MikeFairbanks macrumors newbie

Get a smart pen.

You write on a legal pad that comes with the pen, and then later you plug the pen into the USB port on your computer and the notes upload.

You can get smart pens cheap. The paper pads cost a wee bit to replace, but i believe you can always make copies. '
    It's another option.

9. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Paper is best. Most flexible, lightest and cheapest plus least desirable to thieves.